Thursday, November 24, 2005

psle

my niece, hanissa, scored an amazing 264 for her PSLE aggregate. that is bloody impressive lah, considering the fact that yours truly only scored a pathetic 231 back in 2000. with that, she came out 2nd tops in ngee ann primary school and earned herself a scholarship. i think it's one from those rich ngee ann society thing. she qualified for the special stream and everyone is expecting her to pick raffles' girls for sure. but then, this girl wants to go to cedar oh-so-badly. she's a natural born runner, which explains her choice. i think she should go to raffles, good track team or no.

my mom told me how esctatic my sister and my brother-in-law were when her name was announced as the 2nd best in her school. i would kill to see that. my bro-in-law for instance is known for being known as one of the ultimate kiasu parents of all time. he insists that his kids are the best in all that they do and never stops talking highly of them. my mom told me that he grappled with his digi cam as hanissa rushed to the stage while my sister was sobbing and clapping and cheering at the same time. i think i would have cried if i were my sister.

congratulations hanissa binte sa'ad. you big haired smarty pants.

No comments: