Monday, November 28, 2005

forlorn

my uncle passed away early this morning due to complications of the heart. allahyarham pakcik omar was 73. it's such a terrible blow for my maternal side of the family. having just lost my grandmother during the fasting month, we are dealt with another fatal lost of a family member. this is so tragic. he began to develop senile dementia after the death of my grandmother. unknown to the rest, he had been suffering from other illnesses as well. of all this trauma, my dear aunt, umi hawa, has to bear the most of this lost having lost her husband in less than 2 months after the departure of her mother. such woe and grief has made me realise that i take too many things for granted. like my parents for instance. i haven't been a good daughter and i often assume that they hold the biggest responsibilities of the family. it's not fair to them. what if, one unfortunate day, i am left alone in this world? how am i to cope with this life by myself? these answers to my questions, i have yet to find out.

No comments: