Tuesday, February 6, 2007

i was finally called for my first relief teaching stint today. maha bodhi school called me to teach english, maths and science to a primary 4 class. primary 4 Integrity. they were supposed to be the best in the level. but oh boy, they were monkeys- girls and boys alike. the boys were rolling on the floor, the girls were hiding underneath the teacher's table. my goodness. i thought i could do maths but estimation had me really confused. i actually thought them the wrong concept until a boy alerted me to it. how embarrassing. and these kids have really out of the world names. stamford, ocel, jarran, reefver.

and everytime the class got out of control, i dragged jarran, who has one hell of a loud voice, to the front of the class and shout "CLASS KEEP QUIET!" to the rest of his class mates but to no avail. they never took us seriously and jarran broke into fits of laughter more often than not. the best thing was that they addressed me as Miss Nadia, and not 'tcher. i even talked football to one of the boys. like bloody random. and jarran told me that i'm really not fierce at all, unlike their teacher. i had fun talking to these kids. sometimes you want to strangle them, other times you just want to wrap them up and bring them home.

it was really an eye-opening experience for me. i may not have the loud voice that a teacher should have but i'm seriously considering this as a career option. i hope to be able to enter ntu to do education.

my 1st sister-in-law delivered a baby girl this afternoon. she was born a healthy 3.2kg through c-section. i assume her name will start with an O after her 3 elder brothers were named Amir, Ezra and Izan in that order. maybe ophelia perhaps?

No comments: