Tuesday, December 6, 2005

shoes

last sunday, i managed to squeeze in 2hrs with my super busy mom to look for shoes for work. i discovered that i severely lack them. slippers and sandals i have plenty. but shoes, i think i have around 5 pairs including the ones i wear to school.

so we went to junction 8 cause i so totally love this pair of fila mary janes which i saw some time ago. and so, purchased it at $29.90, with my mom's dineros of course. we walked more cause i pointed to her this pair of loafers this girl was wearing on the mrt. and she was like okay. one more and that's it for the rest of the month. then i remembered that shuchen and i saw this cool shop at the edge at parco bugis junction which sells those shoes. so, i somehow managed to convince my mom to go to bugis after that.

at bugis, we went deep down to find the shop. my mom was frustrated cause she has been out all day and her legs were killing her. i just had to made do by sucking up to her. in the end, the tiny shop was found. the white plain loafers were not pretty after all. then my eyes roamed to the brown vans pair and it (my eyes, not the shoes you dumbo) lighted up. when i told my mom about the price ($80+), she stared at me and looked almost as if she would swallow the entire gigantic me into her petite self.

in the end, i settled for a pair of mickey loafers at m:industries for less than half the price. definitely worth it man.

No comments: